Start spreading the news

Statue of Liberty, New York

For the 4th of July weekend me and four friends (Alejandro, Andres, Luis and Raffaele) decided to go to New York city. We bought tickets with American and flu on wednesday with one stop at Raleigh (NC). We stayed at the Howard Johnson located in SoHo (Manhattan) and it was a good choice: cheap hotel with a great location.

The first night we had dinner at a Peruvian restaurant and then went bar hoping. Bars close at 4am in the morning in NYC so you get to visit many bars and drink many beers. That night my sister calls me and tells me that she is coming to NYC too!

The next day we walked around Chinatown, Little Italy, Central Park, 5th Avenue and Times Square, and latter that night I went out with Luis and with Luvi’s sister Erika. Luvi is a friend from my sister that I never got to meet personally.

Times Square, New York

On friday my sister joined us and we took a ferry to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Then we walked around Wall Street, World Trade Center and TriBeCa. Later that night Luis’s friends Pachito, Jorge and Victor joined us at a club where Ana Maria, Isaac and her sister Maria Victoria joined us too.

On Saturday we went to Broadway st. to buy tickets for Les Miserables. Then we did more walking and visited the Apple store at SoHo, the toy store FAO, the Disney Store and then we went to see Les Mis show which was a very pleasant surprise. After that we had dinner at Little Italy and went early to bed… at 2am!

Central Park, New York

On sunday we were able to wake up at 9am and we split appart. I visited the MOMA museum and Greenwich Village with Alejandro, while Andres, Raffaele and Ana Maria visited the American Museum of Natural History. Later that night we went bar hoping again until 4am.

Monday was our last day at NYC. We had breakfast and took the Metro to La Guardia airport. The flight stopped again at Raleigh and Alejandro, Luis and my self almost missed the flight to Austin. They had already boarded everyone and closed the doors, and because Raffaele was inside the plane, we were able to call him and ask him to tell the flight attendants to let us in. It would have been really sucky if we had missed the flight.

Let the pictures tell the story all over again.