Yesterday I had an accident with my PowerBook: I was having coffee for breakfast and spilled some of it over my PowerBook keyboard. I immediately shut it down and turned the laptop upside down, and used a towel to clean it. Since I had to go to work, I left it upside down all day.
When I got back home I felt some keys were sticky, so I did some research on Google and found out that I had to clean the keyboard under the keys.
I found this great website PB Fix it that sells PowerBook parts, but also provides detailed manuals that tell you step-by-step how to install different parts.
These are the steps to clean your laptop keyboard
– Remove keyboard from laptop
– Draw your keyboard configuration, since you are going to remove all the keys. I used my digital camera to take a few pictures
– Remove every key (except from the big ones like space bar, Enter…)
– Clean the keys in water and let them dry completely
– Use several cotton puffs with alcohol to clean your keyboard. Discard a cotton puff if its leaving pieces of cotton behind.
– Put your keyboard together and you are done.